Additional Information in Pdf
Please take a look at the following pdf documents for in dept detail about the formworks systems.
- Tub Panel
- Tub Assembly Manual
- Panel Assembly Manual
- Modulo Public Buildings
- Modulo Technical Characteristics
- Modulo Residential
- Elevetor Technical
- Sky Full RC Slab
- Defender - Installation Handbook
- Geotub Standard Report
- Geotub QR Report
- ASTM 3610 Test of Formwork
- Antisismic Slab Solutions
Formwork solution for all projects
Formwork is when concrete or a similar material is poured into a temporary or permanent mould (according to wikipedia). It is mainly used in building and construction. Traditionally concrete, wood, and steel are the more common materials used in formwork. However, a new and revolutionary material has taken over - plastic. There are numerous advantages to using plastic in formworks; the most important being its cost effectiveness and environmentally friendly benefits. In addition, you save on time-consuming labor and man power. Most jobs can be completed with two to three personnel. Planning and material requirements are simplified concreted. Plus, the formwork is continually adjustable.
Benefits of Plastics in Formworks:
- Due to the fact that concrete does not stick to plastic, formworks systems are recyclable. Each component can be re-used for about 100 times as long as properly cleaned and maintained, adding up to dollars saved and waste eliminated!
- Formworks systems are easy to clean and maintain. There is no need for detergents and stripping agents. All that is required is water.
- Formworks systems are modular and light-weight. This allows for faster and more efficient set-up, disassembly, operation and storage.
- The unique design of Formwork systems provide the option of results to remain in sight therefore eliminating the need for rework.
Reusable plastic formworks for concrete columns come in all shapes such as round, rectangular and square. There are many advantages to using formworks systems specifically for columns as opposed to disposable formworks made of cardboard or other materials.
- The biggest advantage is that they are recyclable and may be used time and again for an average of one hundred pours. This makes them environmentally friendly and cost efficient.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the formworks are also eco-friendly and cost efficient. Since concrete does not stick to plastic, there is no need to use detergents and stripping agents. Rinsing with water does the job.
- Ease of set up and handling and assembly on construction site make for a faster, smoother and more efficient job. This is due to the way that the formworks systems are made. They are small modular elements with special handles that lock perpendicularly. Column surfaces can be left in sight without the need for further rework.
- Storage becomes hassle free with formworks systems since they can be completely disassembled and do not need to be stored in a dry environment.
Formworks systems make building concrete walls, basements, foundations, and pillars fast and easy. The formworks come in various sizes that interlock via nylon handles to make up the wall. The speed and ease of set up make it much handier and cost effective than traditional wood or steel systems. Wall thickness ranges from 10-40 cm based on different combinations of the various elements.
Advantages of using formworks system specifically for walls:
- Ease and speed of assembly- The walls or foundations built using this system can be done so with only one person. Each element is light in weight and uses nylon handles that lock into the forms with a 90 degree turn. Each element is modular eliminating the need to cut to length.
- Setting up - The external surface of the panels is ribbed making posting and plumbing much simpler. They have holes to fit standard off the shelf tie-rods.
- Storage & handling - Formworks can easily be disassembled on site due to components light weight and easy off handles. This eliminates the need to use a crane. Little maintenance and care is required making storage easy. The system does not need to be stored in a dry environment.
- Formworks systems can be re-used up to 100 times and can remain in sight with no further work necessary.
The one-way ribbed concrete slabs created by formworks systems are used both in residential and industrial buildings. In comparison to traditional slabs of hollow clay blocks or concrete, Formworks systems slabs are lightweight and significantly reduce consumables. The ribbing of the slab allows for cable, wires, sanitary fittings and lighting and air conditioning system installations.
Advantages of using formworks systems specifically for slabs:
- Save on cost due to reduction in consumables
- Increased job site safety- The system is self-supporting, can be erected from below with no need for special safety features.
- Provides greater structural efficiency by eliminating consumable materials between ribbing
- Handling and storage - There is no need for detergents and releasing agents due to the nature of the material. Concrete does not stick to plastic so that all the slabs need in order to remain clean are a good rinsing. The slabs are easily disassembled due to their light weight. They can be stored in little space and do not suffer from moisture.
- The unique ribbing design of the slabs provides several options for use such as cables, wires, lighting, air conditioning systems, etc.
- Slabs can be left in sight or plastered with standard paneling.
- Recyclable and durable for up to 100 times.